„Go LNG“ – among the winners of the Baltic Sea Clean Maritime Award
For the third time, the Baltic Sea Clean Maritime Award honourred outstanding eco-minded seafaring on the Baltic Sea. Project “LNG Value Chain for Clean Shipping, Green Ports & Blue Growth in the Baltic Sea Region” (Go LNG) won second prize in the „Innovation and Technology“ category.
The awards ceremony took place during the EUSBSR Annual Forum in Berlin on Wednesday, June 14th.
The Baltic Sea Clean Maritime (BSCM) Award has been created to support innovative and environmental friendly approaches and ideas in the Baltic Sea and to provide a platform for transparency, knowledge exchange and implementation measures and was donated for the first time in September 2013.
The Go LNG project is focused on developing the demand for LNG and increasing LNG accessibility in the countries of the Baltic Sea region. Developing an LNG value chain and conducting research in the field of LNG constitute the essential foundation for further steps. At present, the accessibility of LNG fuel and its competitive price are the most relevant aspects. Significant investments are necessary for the installation of an LNG infrastructure, and the limited demand for this fuel combined with the adverse factors for the end-user are reflected in the current price of LNG. In order to reduce this and to create an investment-friendly environment, the project provides for the extension of the value chain by attracting new LNG customers.
Go LNG project has brought together 18 partners from 7 countries. Klaipeda Science and Technology Park (KSTP) is a leader of the project and also acts as a coordinator of the Lithuanian LNG cluster.
The winners of the BSCM Award 2017 are:
Category A: Infrastructure
• 1st price: Blue Baltics - LNG infrastructure facility deployment in the Baltic Sea Region
• 2nd price: GREEN CRUISE PORT - Sustainable Development of Cruise Port Locations (GCP)
• 3rd price: VG EcoCoaster
Category B: Innovation and Technology
• 1st price: Zero Emission Ferries - A green link across the Öresund
• 2nd price: LNG Value Chain for Clean Shipping, Green Ports & Blue Growth in the Baltic Sea Region (Go LNG)
• 3rd price: LNG in Baltic Sea Ports II
Special Category: Innovation and Science
• 1st price: MARELITT Baltic
• 2nd price: EE-Baltic
• 3rd price: Back from Black - Study and deployment of the affordable scrubber retro fitting technology for SME shipowners