MARENER 2017 - International Conference on Maritime Energy Management
MARENER 2017 is an International Conference on Maritime Energy Management and will focus on renewable energy and alternative fuels, which now are creating an upward momentum across the industry with a wide range of technical, operational and commercial measures that have already been implemented or are under development.
Conference will provide a forum for both researchers and practitioners to examine opportunities and challenges in the field of maritime energy with the aim of achieving an energy efficient and low carbon future for the maritime industry.
Coverages and topics:
The shipping industry and ships will be a focus of discussion as well as onshore facilities (ports and shipyards). Theory, practice and applications of all forms of Maritime Energy Management are of interest.
Topics may be considered within eight themes:
Theme 1: Regulatory Framework
Theme 2: Energy Efficient Ship Design and Operation
Theme 3: Energy Management in Ports and Shipyards
Theme 4: Economics of Energy Efficiency
Theme 5: Social and Human Dimensions of Energy Management
Theme 6: Theoretical Aspects of Maritime Energy Management
Theme 7: Alternative Fuels and Marine Renewable Energy
Theme 8: Offshore and Ocean Energy
The Conference is directed mainly, but not exclusively, at the following target audience:
- maritime industry professionals (naval architects, captains, marine engineers, designers, ship operators, superintendents and even port managers)
- maritime administrators, standard setting bodies and regulators
- energy industry professionals (offshore specialists, CEOs, CMOs, Vice-Presidents, Directors, GMs, maritime economists)
- academics and educators (faculty, researchers, PhD students, MBA/ M.Sc. Students)
- sustainable development and environmental specialists (International Organizations, NGOs included)
- government representatives
MARENER 2017 will be held on 24 and 25 January 2017 in Malmo, Sweden and hosted by one of the Go LNG project partners, WMU (World Maritime University).
Registration and more information: WMU